



Yes, I really have had the blogger blues lately. I have no desire to update my blog and am only doing so tonight as I just hate that it's been so long. I have been a failure in being great at picture taking as well. Man oh man, what is wrong with me. We are back in full swing at school and am getting ready to start my third full week of school. I absolutely love my class but both they and I are super tired by the end of the day-poor kindergarten kids, we cram so much into them in one day, wondering what their little brains feel like at night? Here's what's been happening in our lives over the last month (thanks Ash, you did an update so I felt the need to copy and follow your lead).
1. Tom, Cole, and Merrick made a trip back to Sibley in early August. Tom was able to help work on his parents addition and the kids were able to spend some time with their grandma and grandpa. Kim (Tom's dad) went into the hospital that following week and finally made it out this past weekend. He is finished with treatments but we continue to need your prayers in hopes that his strength comes back and he gets to feeling better. Andy (Tom's brother) gets married in two weeks and we would love to see Kim enjoying it.
2. School, School, School. I started my second year of Kindergarten and continue to love my job-it is stressful at times but wouldn't trade it for anything. Cole started 6th grade and is on to middle school. I really hate that he isn't with me at school anymore but he seems to be liking it. He has almost missed the bus twice and I have had to make a special trip to his school to bring his PE clothes once but hopefully we are getting this routine down. He is really good about getting up super early (his school starts 2 hours before mine) and getting himself going in the morning so I am very proud of him. Merrick also started preschool this last week. She likes it so far and can't wait until it's a school day. She goes three days a week, stays with Tom one day and goes to the babysitter the other day. She loves her teacher, all the kids, and bringing her lunch from home. It's been cute to hear her singing all the new songs she has learned-plus an added bonus many are about Jesus!
3. Tom and I survived our first float trip with our wonderful neighbors. We were opened up to a whole new world of what their float trips are about and were told that this was the best float trip they had ever been on so we got to come for a fun one. Tom and I enjoyed our time together but think next time we have my parents come to watch our kids for the weekend, we will go away just the two of us and stay at a hotel with comfy beds, clean showers and toilets, and no parties lasting all night keeping us awake. It was fun to camp again (haven't done that in years) and the company was awesome but we were super tired after the trip. Thanks Nana and Bumpa for holding down the fort here.
4. My brothers celebrated birthday number 34 (Nate) and number 29 (Pat) a couple weeks ago. Happy belated birthday to my older and younger brother. Love you both so much and miss you as well!
5. I celebrated my 31st birthday. Pretty low key as I worked and Cole had a double header but was spoiled with lots of cards, gifts, goodies, and phone calls. Thanks to all my wonderful family and friends.
6. Cole started fall ball. He is playing on a 13U team this fall who happened to be asked to move up to 14U as they were too good for the 13U league. Cole was scared at first but is really doing well. He has been pitching for them and went 3 for 3 the other night. We are so proud of him and think that he will grow so much more as a player competing with older and better players.
7. Macy got her ears pierced this weekend. It didn't go quite as well as I imagined but I was also going off of what Merrick did at the same age when she got hers pierced. Merrick didn't cry at all. Macy on the other hand wailed and wailed. In fact I am not Macy's favorite this weekend as everytime she sees me with a cotton ball or q-tip she freaks out, screams and cries and runs to Tom. Hoping that over the next week her ears heal and she doesn't mind me touching them, until then wish me luck.
Well, not too much exciting happening at the Gacke's. We enjoyed our last weekend of the summer this weekend and are excited for the fall weather. Thanks for being patient with me. Attached are a few pictures from Macy's 1 year old shots. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment