








This fall Merrick, Macy and I enjoyed a trip to Carolyn's Pumpkin Patch just south of Liberty. It was a gorgeous fall day and I was super excited to get the girls out there for a couple hours. We took a picnic lunch and just took advantage of the beautiful day. Macy loved the animals. She wanted to see the baby cow, baby goats, and baby pig. She didn't care much for the smell in the barns, but really wanted to stay in and watch the animals. Merrick loved the slides, trikes, and lunch at the picnic tables. She could've stayed for hours playing on that stuff. They both enjoyed the hayride to pick their pumpkin. Macy was excited to be able to carry her own. Merrick's perfectionism came out. She waded through the patch searching for the perfect one. Abandoning one she initially thought was good but fining a little better one each time. I felt her pain, cause that is how I am when picking out a pumpkin, it's why Tom usually has to get ours for us. After getting back from the patch we rode the train and headed into the cafe for a pumpkin donut. After a fun few hours, we took off with two happy girls in the back ready for naps. It was a wonderful day full of no fighting, a little sulking, but no tears or meltdowns. Can't wait to go back next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment