Tuesday, February 24, 2009

7 months old -Feb. 22







I can hardly believe our baby is 7 months old. Time keeps slipping away and my baby is growing up so much. Tom and I still can't believe that she is so small (ok, she really isn't so small, but for our kiddos she is). Our other two kids were out of their carriers by 4 or 5 months and Macy is finally growing out of hers now (although I am bound and determined to make it a couple more weeks so I don't have to buy her a winter coat.) At the doctor last week she weighed in at 17lbs 3 ozs. So she is gaining weight but still well under Cole and Merrick. She still has not mastered crawling yet, but is working really hard on it. She scoots around in a circle and backwards really well, but just can't master the knee/hand movements of crawling yet. Tom is convinced that she actually said Daddy yesterday (not DaDa, but daddy). I didn't hear it so I don't think I will count it as a first word. We will get there. Still no teeth, and I have been saying since she was 1 month old that she had teeth coming in. I give up and only say it to Tom now to annoy him. She definitely doesn't like to sit still anymore and wants to be up bouncing or reaching for everything. She loves to reach to someone else to have them hold her, only to quickly turn around and reach for the person who just let her go. Of course it melts our hearts to know she wants to come to us, but then she quickly reaches for the other person so reality that she is just playing a game sets in. I have been trying to get her to eat a few more table foods-this week we ate chicken and potatoes (and part of an oreo cookie-only because she grabbed for the one in my hand!) She really understands chewing but hasn't mastered swallowing so much of it drools out. Can't wait to see what is in store next.

No comments: