Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to one of my best friends, my sister, Ashley

Scuds, Scoodles, Little Ashley, Smashley, those are just a few names that I may call my sister and today I am sending out a very loud "Happy Birthday" shout! My sissy turns the big 2-5 today! We are hoping that she took the day off and is able to spend it doing something she loves!

Ashley is the best sister anyone could ever have. Although we look a lot alike we come across as very different people. Deep down though, I know we share some similar qualities other than our looks. Ashley has so many qualities that I wish I had and I look up to her even though she is my younger sister. Ashley is a very determined person. She knows what she wants and she works hard to get what she wants. She has never taken handouts and works very hard to be sure that she gets where she wants on her time. She is more out spoken and tells people what needs to happen. I wish I could have some of that. She always helps me to think through my problems and helps me to see reality. She is a very caring and loving individual. She absolutely loves her family and wants everyone in her family to be happy. She is very sentimental and will be the one person in our family to keep traditions going. She cares very deeply for my kids and will play with each of them as much as she can when she is around. She spoils them to no end and knows she can because they are her nieces and nephew. She does have a very soft side as well and she sometimes wears her feelings on her sleeve (see a similarity there). Sometimes I say Merrick reminds me of my sister, but the older that my sister gets the less I think that (Ashley that is for the good)! I absolutely love my sister and am so excited that she is marrying her soul mate. Bob is an awesome guy who makes my sister very happy. I can't wait until next year when we will be celebrating their beginning of their married life. For now, Ash, I hope you can find happiness in your job and enjoy your 25th year of life. Thanks for all you do for me. Thanks for being you in every way. I love you so much. Happy Birthday!


PS-She also has better hair!

No comments: