Hey guys! Did you know it's summer. Well mommy says its summer vacation (Daddy keeps saying something about it not being summer until June something, but I know my mommy is right). Summer is when your mommy doesn't have to work and she stays home and plays with you. Summer is also when we get to go swimming, go to the park, and stay outside past dark to play flashlight tag. I am concerned though as summer usually means a van with a bell rides slowly around the neighborhood calling kids from everywhere to the street to enjoy a little ice cream. Evidently he didn't get my mommy's memo that it is summer, because he hasn't been down my street at all. My mommy has even promised ice cream this time. Note to the ice cream truck-Please hurry, my mommy's diet will start next week then she won't be so nice about ice cream.
Summer also means play dates with Nicholas. I am very sad as this week is my last chance to have play dates with Nicholas. I think mommy and Macy will be sad as well as then they won't get playdates with Jen and Matthew. We did get to go to Jiggle Jam this past weekend with Jen, Nicholas, and Matthew. Boy was it hot this year, last year it was raining and chilly, but this year sunny, muggy, and hot. I was a little bit crabby, maybe because my mom got this crazy idea that she would first go to the grocery store to buy tickets, then get herself coffee, then to the bank, then to Old Navy and the crowed crazy mess just to buy some silly flip flops for $1 (by the way, it was so crazy, I had to hold onto Macy's stroller and my mommy was so worried that she was going to lose me cause two other kids were lost in the store and those workers had to get on ladders and use a bullhorn to get people to look for those lost kids). So by the time I got to Jiggle jam I was pretty warn out. I did have fun blowing bubbles, dancing, eating corn dogs, playing in the fountain, riding the train, playing on the inflatables, and just hanging out with Nicholas. We hope that the Jen, Nicholas, and Matthew come back next year for Jiggle Jam so we can make it our tradition!!! We are heading to a park tomorrow with them-yippee.
Mommy says that this summer we have to do some things to get ready for preschool as well. I am going to join the summer reading program and work on my numbers and letters. I am finally more interested, maybe because I am getting older!
We got to put our big swimming pool up in our neighbors yard, so that has been nice to play in on a hot summer day. I love the water and love getting to be with the big kids. Mommy also got me a swingset so I have been able to go swing whenever I feel like it and even when mommy feels like I need a little cool down-she sends me to the swing as it really does calm me.
Well after eating one of my favorite summer treats, a Smore, I am heading to bed for a good night sleep. Have a great summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment