





Tom and I both grew up in very loving families. Both our parents did lots with us and provided awesome opportunities to have a lifetime of memories. So what's the problem? Tom and my experiences were just that-awesome-but they were different. Tom's family is much more adventurous than my family. They grew up going boating, skiing, to amusement parks, horse back riding, fairs, staying busy, busy busy. I grew up going to national monuments, taking long hikes, long road trips to the mountains, oceans, stopping at historical points, looking for wildlife, relaxing. So what we have that comes together should be an awesome mixture of adventurous and relaxation all rolled into one. But, nope not in this family. This is what you get: Our Sunday before labor day. This is how it went...
Cole had a baseball tournament-he played at 9 am. It was single elimination after pool play. They lost the game and thus we were done. It was a beautiful morning (not hot) and I had already made sandwiches to have at the ball fields. So I said, "Let's do something today-maybe go on a picnic and a hike". Let's head to Watkin's mill. Tom replies, "They closed that place down. Why don't we go to Smithville." "Ok, that sounds great-can we go hiking along the trails up there?" I replied. Tom took one look at me and said, "hiking, with three kids-I don't think so".
So we went to Smithville Lake, ate lunch, sat and talked about "when we have a boat", and let the girls wade in the water. Tom was bored, so after about 45 minutes we were back in our car on the way home. Girls were sad they didn't get to stay-Cole was bored. Not the memory I was going for today. Oh well-enjoy a few pictures from the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment