Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow Day

We are stuck at home one more time today. This is turning into a 2 day school week for my kiddos. We have professional development day on Friday so the kids are off again on Friday. Tough week. I do think they are getting stir crazy. We stayed home all day yesterday, Merrick and Macy played outside and Cole ventured down the street to hang out with some friends. I stayed in my sweats all day. Today I hope to get out-at least I am going to be forced out since Cole has baseball tryouts at school. Hoping to at least get the girls to a hill for sledding. Wondering if the stores have sleds back in stock. Of course they clearanced those out almost a month ago and already have Patio Furniture in. I am thankful my girls don't mind sharing the one sled we do have. I wouldn't mind doing some sledding as well. I could use the climb back to the top part since I did what my sister called, "Packing on the pounds to protect me from the elements" again yesterday. Which included attempting to make my first homemade yeast rolls. They were yummy-maybe could have used a little cinnamon butter from Texas Roadhouse, but they still tasted great soaking up the remnants of the chicken and noodles we had with them. The kids made and ate Snow Ice Cream. I tasted it-pretty good-but was still stuffed from the rolls I devoured. We finished off the evening with a little YAHTZEE. It is fun to see the competitiveness come out in all my kids, I mean family. Of course Tom may be the most competitive of all. Cole only played one round, as he had some baseball draft for Fantasty Baseball on the computer. Merrick is a quiet competitor. She won 2/3 rounds but when we totaled the three scores up and it looked like her daddy had one, the tears welled in her eyes. Luckily some incorrect math (yes, I didn't add correctly) on mommy's part produced the correct score and Merrick came out the winner. Macy was just enjoying rolling the dice for mommy. OF course she had to be watched, as she really wanted a YAHTZEE. So she quickly would grab the dice and try to roll again or try to switch the dice. Good night.

No comments: