Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crazy Weekend

Wow! It's the end of the weekend already. Where did it go? I feel like I had so much time off but now I am wishing for just a few more hours. I realized that we are going to be starting the BUSY season here at the Gacke's. Cole starting baseball, Merrick soccer, 1st communion, Kdg roundup, ahhh.... I need to be filing out my calendar for the week so I know we get to all of our activities. We had two house showings this weekend, which is nice, but crazy. We have been doing a good job of keeping the place picked up, but it always seems like a rush to get the vacuuming, bathrooms, and kitchen done in the last few minutes. Tom is amazing at doing it so quickly and I always want to leave the house in a better place so he doesn't have to do it all, but that doesn't always happen! Of course, we chose to Fry Chicken last night and after we finished we got the call for a showing the next day. Needless to say, I was scouring the internet for ways to air out my house from fried chicken smell. Thankfully it was yummy so we won't feel the need to make it again for a little bit. Atleast next time maybe we will take the fryer outside! Merrick had her last basketball game-bittersweet! Pictures to come with her update tomorrow! I got a much needed hair cut (back to my 6 month grow out then chop it off phase!). My head feels so much lighter. Now to work on the rest of my body which is on the 6 month pack on the pound plan-now I will have to take the next 12 months to get this weight back off. Someday I will stop this yo-yo business! Tom and I made it out to a couple Open Houses today. I love the looking process! It's fun to see what is out there for our growing family. We need to sell our house first of course before we are going to buy another, so I am trying not to love, love, love houses or my heart will be broken when the other sells before we can buy it. Can you tell this has already happened twice now to us? So trying to retrain our brains to remember that the looking process is just for fun and although we can think about the houses, they are not ours until we sign that paper!!! Well I will finish this post with a picture of the girls project for the day, learning to sew! I had a sewing kit out sewing up a shirt yesterday so I could wear it. The girls both wanted to learn how to sew. So, Merrick broke out a sock of hers that had a hole in it and then proceeded to cut Macy's sock to so she could sew up her own. They both decided to sew their socks. Merrick was frustrated at first and informed me that sewing was boring. Macy was a trooper and was fixing her mistakes on her own! Merrick finally got the hang of it and then enjoyed the project. Although later she told me she didn't really want to learn to sew but to knit. Sorry, girl I am not a knitter. Guess I will have to have her watch some youtubes on how to knit and maybe she will hook us up for next winter! Have a great week!

No comments: