Those were the words out of Cole tonight when Tom and I were dealing with Merrick and her emotions. Cole proceeded to say, "You know, it is kind of your fault mom, she's sick because you were sick too and now my throat hurts. So you probably made me sick, also." Sometimes the truth really hurts because I am sure it is why Merrick turned up with a high fever on Friday night. Of course it didn't stop us from having our baseball party and then a get together at our house Saturday night. But Sunday morning in I went with Merrick to the doctor to be told that she had an ear infection, throat infection, and sinus infection. I have to love my doctor as I am really not sure what a throat infection is but it isn't the first time one of my kids has had one. He does prescribe antibiotics and I was good with that. She is still coughing but I assume that will last a few more days as I am finally getting my voice back. I am still coughing but am feeling much better. Merrick still has somewhat of a hoarse voice and terrible cough but for the most part is getting back to herself.
Parent/teacher conferences are this week so I will be tired tomorrow night. I don't mind these this quarter but realize I have four IEP's due in the next month so I am not looking forward to that. We have Friday off this week so that will be a nice break. Tom's mom is coming down for the weekend so we are looking forward to a little family bonding time. Not much else new around here. Halloween is coming and still not sure what Merrick will end up wearing. Cole is going to be a pirate-I will send the pictures with his "expensive" costume. Then it's Merrick's birthday. No, I am not ready but here it comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment