Monday, October 8, 2007

Autumn is in the air!




I finally feel as if fall is in the air, atleast a little. Electric bill has gone down, pants and long sleeves are seen around school more, City Market is getting bare, and baseball is almost over (if it hadn't rained the last two days I could say baseball was over). I am not sad to see the weather change, and really am looking forward to some crisp days. Guess I will wait a couple more as the weatherman says it will be 80's again tomorrow. oh well, it is so nice to have the windows open at night and feel the cooler air.

We have been busy with baseball as usual. This past week tournaments started. Due to some rain, we didn't actually begin play until Thursday. It was an 8:00 pm game but at 8:15 it hadn't started and Merrick had been sitting in poop for 30 minutes without telling me (she rarely has accidents-only her second poop accident in almost a year), so I decided to forgo the game that night. At 10:30 I called to see how it ended and Tom informed me they were still playing. The game didn't get over until 11:00 that night. I was not a happy mom, as these are 9 and 10 year olds. The director got an earful on Saturday from me. The kids won and it was an exicting game as the reason it ended so late was due to extra innings. We then played again on Friday and lost that game. It is double elimination so we played again on Saturday. Cole dominated the field hitting a double and a inside the park grand slam. Of course, we were all so excited for him and the win-but now we have to finish playing. We were to play on Sunday again but it was rained out as was today. We will play tomorrow-if we lose we are done-if we win-we play another game on Wednesday and then another one on Thursday if we win on Wednesday. We didn't end in last place so that is good.
Not much else going on. Cole spent the night at a friends and then we went over to their house on Sunday to watch the Chiefs game. Tom worked an extra shift this weekend-so another weekend and nothing accomplished. oh well. Here are a few pictures of the kids. Have a great week. I know I will only 2 1/2 days left of school (we have early release on Thursday and inservice day on Friday!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.