So this cold weather is definitely not good for me. It just makes me want to sit in my jammies all day and read the newspaper, read to my kids, or watch tv. I should be a little more into doing Christmas preparation right? Well, when it is so cold-no way am I heading out to shop with a 3 year old in tow. I figure I will get it done later. Tom wrapped the presents we have bought the other day, so that is done. I didn't have stuff to start baking so will have to wait for that as well. Could have been doing work for school-but that wouldn't be fun either. So, I sat in my pjs all day!
Yesterday the kids got to go the Kidz Mall. It was a great thing that my para introduced me to. It is at a church and the kids go and buy a present for different people on their list (Nana, Bumpa, Grandma, and Grandpa--be ready!!!) They bought you each a present for between $1-3. Be prepared and remember these were thoughtful gifts picked out by your grandchildren (Ok, I think Cole did the picking). We then headed to Target to get a few things before the ice storm was to blow in. It was so crowded at Target so we got the basics and left. Then i spent the afternoon shopping online-figured it was about the last day I could get it done online and still have it here by christmas.
The ice storm didn't hit us up in the northern part of KC, so looks like no snow day tomorrow. I am still hoping the next round (which is scheduled to hit tomorrow night) will provide one snow day. Gotta love snow days.
Cole's been watching football all afternoon. Daddy's cowboys pulled out a victory in the last seconds and now the Vikings are up 27 to 0 at halftime. Great day for football here at the Gacke's. Here are a couple pictures of the kids from today. Cole of course in his Adrian Peterson Jersey and Merrick is playing policewoman-with her pretend handcuffs and flashlight.
No comments:
Post a Comment