What a great day today. It was so beautiful here in KC. We were all outside enjoying the 80 degree weather. Merrick was sad as the neighbor was not home, so I suggested we take a walk/bike ride around the block. Merrick dug out her old bike and asked if she could ride it. I took one look at the little bike and said, "Do you want me to take the training wheels off this bike." She got all excited and agreed. Once I had the training wheels off, I started telling her that I would go slow, I wouldn't let go of the bike until she was ready. I said she should just take her time and let me know if she wanted me to let go. So she hopped on the bike in the garage, immediately I could tell she had control and balance and boy did she. The first time I let go of her she did it. Of course once she realized I let go, she put her feet down. A couple more times and she was doing awesome. She had a whole crowd of neighbors cheering for her(and she absolutely loved it and continued to put on a show) As you can see in the video she even began mastering take off. We are so proud of you Merrick Elizabeth Mae! No more training wheels!
No comments:
Post a Comment