![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Week 13 March 23-29
We had a great weekend. Aunt Ashley came to play with Cole, Merrick, and Macy. We love Aunt Ashley and are secretly glad that she lives in Omaha (I say secretly because it definitely is not her favorite place to live). Omaha is only a 2 1/2 hour trip from KC so we are so glad to have her close so she can make trips down to see us. We invited Aunt Ashley down as Crown Center was celebrating 70 years of Oz and had what we thought was an exhibit of The Wizard of Oz. This is Aunt Ashley's all time favorite movie, it happens to be one of Merrick's favorite movies as well (another thing Merrick and Aunt Ashley have in common). Turns out the interactive exhibit was a Wizard of Oz playground. Merrick enjoyed it, but not so cool for Cole who tagged along. I felt bad that I had talked this exhibit up but am glad that Ashley still came down. After Merrick played for a bit and it started getting packed, we walked around Crown Center a bit, then ate lunch at Fritz's. I have to be honest that this was the first time since moving to KC that I ate at Fritz's. It was fun (it is a diner at Crown Center where you still order over the phone-brought back memories of A&W-then a train brings out your food. Merrick and Cole thought it was pretty cool. After lunch we decided to head out-glad we did as we were in the middle of a sleeting storm. I had to run and get a gift for Jordan as Cole was heading to his birthday party-so it took us 2 hours to get home. What a mess. The rest of the weekend was spent indoors, enjoying Ashley's company. We watched some movies and discussed wedding details. Thanks for comind down to visit Ash!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment