I am sorry to all those who really do follow my blog (I really don't know how many people that is, probably a small number) for not updating my blog more regularly. Yes, I promised Project 52, but that meant I was just posting pictures not posting. Tom got on me the other day for it-well maybe it was last month, who knows, life is flying by. The main problem is that I became addicted to Facebook. It is true, that social network site just sucks you in. I think this is especially true for this small town girl who loves gossip. But come on, who wouldn't want to disect every little status line that gives a little glimpse into the life of another. It just makes me feel like my life isn't so bad after all, or hey I am human as well. I wish I would have given Facebook up for lent. I may have accomplished more. My choices of pop, cookies, and candy haven't helped me lose any weight (maybe even helped me gain more as I just bake cakes now instead), so next year it is Facebook for sure.
So here is an update for anyone who was missing what was going on in our lives:
Cole is in full swing of baseball now as his first tournament starts this weekend. Of course the weather is calling for rain, storms, and snow, so we will see how much of the tournament we can play. Cole played in a hitting league this winter and his team did amazingly well. The placed 2 out of 30 teams. Their only loss came to a team who they lost 158 to 153 points. Not bad. Cole dominated the team with the most hits and homeruns! We are so proud of you Cole Thomas! It's hard to believe but Cole is down to his last two months of Elementary School. Next month he graduates and will start at a new middle school this fall. I am sad as we have been at the same school most of his elementary days, don't know what I will do next year without my little buddy. He's definitely growing up way to fast. He still is a great big brother to his little sissy's though. In fact tonight Merrick came inside after a walk with her brother and said, "Guess what Mom? Cole said he loved me while we walked around the block." What a great kid-I don't think that either of my brothers told me they loved me while walking around the block-pretty sure one was chasing me with a baseball bat!!!
Merrick continues to be the center of our attention. We love her so much, but she really drains the life out of us most days. She is determined to do everything her brother does and determined to do it in a mischievious way. It's sad when she recognizes her ability to whine and get her way. This mommy definitely needs to work on her. Don't worry colleagues, I am sending her to her home school. She refuses to learn things in my time frame but my parent as teachers educators shared that she probably is a perfectionist and doesn't want to do things because she can't do them perfectly. I really believe that could be the case, atleast I keep telling myself that. She is the funniest kiddo I know. She just cracks us up with her sayings everyday. I really need to do a better job of writing those down, as she would love to know the cute things she said later in life I am sure.
Macy is doing great. She is crawling everywhere. My kiddos just get those Gross Motor Skills down early. Irealized that that is not always a good thing. Now she just wants to go go go. She couldn't even sit still in church the other day. She wanted to be let down to explore. I am hoping to keep her in a stroller at ball games this spring/summer as I already have one to chase around, don't really want to have two. She is growing like a weed but still is smaller than either of her siblings at her age. She is fitting into Merrick's spring clothes (Merrick was born in Nov.) so it is nice to be able to use all of the hand me downs. It pains me to admit this but Macy loves Tom the most! Just watch the way she lights up when he comesinto a room. I am glad that they are able to bond like that, but makes me a little sad that he is her favorite! I have always been my kiddos (when they were babies) favorite, so it was hard to give that up. Macy's new found favorite activity is playing peek a boo. She could play for hours. She either holds up something in front of her face or in front of my or Tom's face and quickly takes it down as we say, Peek a boo. She giggles and giggles!
Tom remains busy as ever, keeping up with the housework, work, fiddling with the motorcycle, and coaching. He's already had three fundraisers for baseball and is working on a fourth. He has booked rooms, a Cardinals game, and Six Flags tickets for the team for our trip to the World Series this summer. I am so proud of the man and father he has become. I never would have guessed how determined he was when I married him 11 1/2 years ago but he amazes me daily. Thanks Tom.
As for me, I am ready for Spring Break. My class is ready as well-they are so noisy this week. I can't believe we have a little over 30 days left. This year flew by. I love my job and am thankful each day that God gave me this opportunity. Ana (a colleague of mine) and I need some extra prayers in the next few weeks as our jobs may be on the line. Unfortunately we didn't have a great turn out at Kindergarten round up. We may go down to 3 or 4 sections so one or both of our jobs could be cut. We will not lose teaching jobs, but will lose our spot as Kindergarten teachers. There are openings in 2nd and 4th grade in our building but I will be very honest with you, I don't want to leave Kindergarten. We both worked so hard to get our positions secured last spring, now we may have to leave our positions. We will see, our principal seems optimistic that we will have many more students enroll. I am trying not to think that this may happen, but we will see.
Hope you are all having a great spring.
1 comment:
How can i ask you for more details? Great post needda know more....
Post a Comment