Sunday, April 26, 2009

Failure Again




Man, I just can't complete anything I start. I failed again-this time Project 52. Yes, I got 14 weeks in (although if you were paying close attention-I used the same picture of cole 2 different weeks-see I busted myself). Number one reason I am failing is, we seriously lost our camera cord. Those who know me well know that #1 I hate losing important things-it makes me fret. And #2 I am way too cheap to go out and buy another-the cord is in my house somewhere (although I have this funny feeling it has been thrown away). Tom borrowed a cord from work last time so I could download pictures but he hasn't borrowed it again. I can't do project 52 if I have to back track and catch up and since I don't have a camera cord I haven't taken many pictures so don't think I could even back track and catch up. I will not completely admit to failure though as I am still going to work hard to take pictures weekly, I just may not get them posted weekly and when I post they will not be headed Week so and so any more.

But I did manage to save a few pictures of my all star Cole. These pictures are from his first tournament held the beginning of April. He starts league play this week so I thought it would be good to showcase these. Also, we are winding down on Cole's last weeks of Elementary school. Tomorrow night I go to his middle school orientation. When did my baby boy grow up. Just last week I overheard him saying that Miranda Cosgrove (AKA iCarly) was hot. Yesterday I watched from my kitchen as he and a few neighborhood boys played baseball in my back yard and two neighborhood girls were standing in their window pointing and giggling at the boys. I am seriously losing my baby, and I don't think I am ready at all. This month will be difficult-his first school dance/get together and then 5th grade graduation. Kleenexes here I come. Cole also had his field trip this past week to Exchange City. This is where the entire 5th grade goes and runs their own city (they elect their mayor and judge and the rest have to interview for different jobs around the city). Cole was hired as the newsreporter on the radio. He had an assistant who went around exchange city and gathered news then Cole would report on the radio. He also got to do some DJing. They earned two paychecks and were given breaks. On their breaks they had to cash their paycheck (which meant standing in long lines) and then they could spend their paycheck. Cole had a great time-wish I could have gone. This was the first year in Cole's entire schooling that I didn't go on a field trip with him. I am so very sad, but with taking so much time for maternity, I didn't have any time left to take. Cole, we love you and are so proud of all you do!

No comments: