I never really realized how different boys and girls really were until I had one of each. Yes, I knew the obvious, but personalities , voices, and temperments really do reveal themselves in the opposite sex.
Miss Merrick woke up this morning in a decent mood and even raced her Coley downstairs for breakfast. Of course, for those of you who know my Cole (Mr. Competitive-more on him later)-won. So Cole plops himself down on a stool ready for mom to fix breakfast. Merrick makes it down and throws herself into Cole and into the most painful, shrilling scream. Of course, calmly I say, "What's the matter?" Merrick continues in what I have learned to be the little girl whine, "This is my seat, this is my seat". Yes, you guessed it, she decided this morning she needed the seat that Cole was in. Poor Cole, it doesn't matter which seat he chooses, he always has to move. So we get her in her seat as both Cole and I know that it is just easier to give in during the hectic mornings at our house. I give her a choice for breakfast and she decides that she doesn't want to eat and proceeds to announce in a princess or prissy voice, "I'm going to my room." She goes and sits on the stairs. I finish preparing Cole's breakfast and pour myself a bowl of cereal. She hears the cereal hit the bowl and in a flash is back in demanding "Seedreal".
We finish breakfast and get dressed. Of course after a battle with the hair and teeth-"Brush soft, MaMa, or I do it". We are ready to go down stairs. She runs into her room and grabs her "scarf" a tutu that Nana gave her for Christmas, her crown she made at the babysitter, and her magic star wand. With toothpaste and all down the front of her shirt, I had to take her picture. The perfect start to the perfect day!!!
She goes to the babysitter's and enjoys her day. I pick her up and to my dismay, the wand and crown are broken-does this surprise me? What in the world was I thinking-I am sure my babysitter thought the same. As we back out of the driveway, I hear the same shrill scream. Cole and I look at her again and say, "Now what?" She preceeds to burst into sobbing tears. Cole rolls his eyes as if to say, here we go again. Turns out she thought we left her "scarf" at the babysitter. I lift the tutu and show her I have it. She immediately turns off the tears and says in the sweetest voice, "Thanks, MaMa"
After time playing with our neighbor, her kitchen set, her stroller, and a few more shrills we finally get finnished with dinner. I allow her and brother to have some oreos and Merrick gets to watch her beloved Dora. I try to get the kitchen clean, but two minutes later I hear Cole. "Mom, Merrick is a mess" I must get on Cole for messy hands because I was expecting something awful-but just the good ole' oreo face in princess attire and all. Princess' need chocolate too.
She now is cuddled in bed reading books with daddy. From the highs and lows (voice and all) I sure wouldn't want to have it any other way. 

1 comment:
I enjoyed hearing about Merrick's day. I know I still have those days and Bob always rolls his eyes when I think I leave my scarf but then he shows me it is just under my tutu!
Post a Comment