I live for Friday's, especially Friday's that Tom works. I love nothing better than to come home from work and veg out for the night. (Good thing my mom doesn't access the internet-as she would not be proud of my laziness). If I cook, it is always something quick and easy. Then the kids and I usually watch a movie. Tonight, Cole was suppose to have a ball game but it was cancelled. The rain moved in and out and it turned into a beautiful night. I spent the evening with my neighbor ladies chatting and having a cocktail. They are my rock-I want to thank them for all the wonderful talks we have and for the advice they give. I am so glad we bought a house where we did as I don't know what I would do without these ladies. An added bonus is one of the ladies has two children 10 and 6 who are the best behaved children and my kids love them. The rest of my night will be spent surfing the net, finishing up Cole's birthday party plans, and catching up on my soap. Aahhh... Friday's.
This Friday, I especially am feeling relief. Only 20 days of school left! Yippee. But, today I spent 3 of 7 hours of the school day in meetings with parents discussing testing, IEP's ect. I spent another 1 1/2 testing another student. My para saw me at the end of the day and said-"Did you get a lot done, I haven't seen you all day?" She is also a rock in my life. She took over for me today after she saw me flying around the school trying to finish up last minute things before my meetings started. Thanks Kim. I am ready for May 25th.
Unfortunately, my summer will be taken up with summer school. I am working so that Tom and I can go on our 10 year anniversary/honeymoon. I know that I won't regret it when I am lying on the beach somewhere with no kids hanging on me! I did get some exciting news this week though. Instead of teaching SPED this summer, I will be teaching Kindergarten. For those of you who don't know, this is where my passion is. I would love to be a Kindergarten teacher-but once in SPED it is hard to get out. Anyway, it is much different during summer school as no one wants to work with the incoming Kindergarten kids who have not been to full day school before. I am excited-thanks in some part to my great friend Jen S. as she reminded me of my passions. I was a little nervous thinking that maybe this wouldn't be the best way to dive into Kindergarten. But it will be fun and maybe even a way to get my foot in the door for regular ed Kindergarten next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment