Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy 50th Brithday Mary

(Yes, I look about 8 months preggo here-just the way I am standing and the maternity shirt I was wearing, I am a big girl, but not that big yet!)

I wanted to send a special birthday wish out to my wonderful mother-in-law, Mary. Today she turns 50! I know, can you believe that Tom's mom is only 50. Such a young grandma! We hope you have a wonderful day, Mary. You deserve it. Mary does so much for her family. She works full time, has babysat her twin grandaughters, helps out on the family farm, and comes down to KC for Cole and Merrick's activities. Mary always puts her family first. I hope she takes time for herself today and others can put her first for once!

We went home to Sibley this past weekend to surprise Mary at her 50th surprise birthday party. Due to circumstances beyond my father-in-laws control, he had to tell her before she got to the party, but she was most surprised to see Tom, the kids, and I. It was a wonderful party. I believe everyone had a great time (I know the Gacke Clan did--Tom a little too much). I enjoyed the time as well until the end of the night when my pregnancy hormones kicked in and I was a little tired and annoyed of all the drunkeness-but in the end I am glad everyone else had a good time. Thanks goes out to Sara (Tom's sister) for putting this wonderful evening together. She did it all and we appreciate it. I hope that this fulfilled Mary's wish of a big bash for her 50th. We didn't get a great family picture as we were at at the local VFW so we owe you that next time Mary.

Happy 50th Mary! We love you so much!

No comments: