The reason Merrick and I accompanied Tom and Cole to Minneapolis this weekend was Bumpa's telling Merrick all about going to the water park. A few years ago, my dad had us stay at this indoor waterpark and we have gone back every year since. It is a huge waterpark within the hotel and great fun for young and old. Last time we went, Tom and I wanted to go down the huge tube slide with Cole. We had my dad stay with Merrick. We thought she would be ok-but heck no, she didn't like it too much and ran away from my dad. We learned our lesson this time-in fact mommy didn't even swim this time-so Bumpa was never left in charge. The kids had a blast. I don't think I saw Cole but once or twice. he was too busy going around the lazy river (although if you saw him-he wasn't obiding by the terms "Lazy River" I never have seen anyone shooting around the river as fast as he did), the wave pool, the small tube slides, and the body slides. Tom and him also did the big Tube slide and double man tube slide. He was having a blast and beaming from ear to ear. But to our amazement-so was Miss Merrick. No fear in this child this time around. She was standing up in the tube with Tom in the wave pool and flying down the kiddie slides like nothing. It was great to see the kids have a great time--even Bumpa enjoyed some lazy river time as well. Nana and myself sat and chatted and then I watched Merrick so Tom could go play with Cole. The kids then enjoyed some time in the arcade-spoiled? Yes, very much so.
I shouldn't complain, I was spoiled a little too much on this trip also. While the boys attend Twinsfest, my mom, Merrick, and I head to the stores to shop. We frequent Minneapolis a lot, so we are not fond of Mall of America, so no shopping there-just the mall, Target, Kohls, etc. My mother has been spoiling me with lots and lots of maternity clothes. I have been looking for a pair of jeans-(I am already needing maternity clothes-ughh) and so I said that is what I wanted to buy. She had me trying on everything and then would whip the items out of my hands and pay for them even before I was out of the dressing room. Thanks mom, I do appreciate all the things you bought for me-especially my two pairs of jeans which are much cuter than my other maternity jeans. It was great spending time with my parents this past weekend.
I am now looking forward to a weekend at home. Tom works this weekend, next weekend is the bowling tournament and Tom's family is coming for that, then he works the following weekend, and then finally we can have one weekend alone to ourselves-just our family. I am so looking forward to that weekend. Still a month away but I am counting down the days.
No comments:
Post a Comment