Well, my break is officially over. I went back to school on Friday. It was good to get back because I realize that I accomplish so much more when I have more going on. When I don't have to do anything then I don't accomplish anything. But now that I am back to school, I will begin normal routine. It was nice to have almost a two week break and feel a little refreshed going back to work. I have lots to do in the coming weeks, but know I have had a little time to let the stresses of last semester pass.
Cole had his first basketball game today. We really thought we were in for a terrible game as we haven't practiced in over two weeks, plus we have never had every kid at practice so to pull out a win today was nice. Cole's coach is a little strange-every other coach in the rec league wears their coaches shirt provided by the league. Not our coach, he showed up in a lakers basketball jersey (sleeveless and all). His name is Wildman if that tells you anything. The only reason we even new we had a basketball game today was I looked on the rec website to see if they had posted the schedule. Our coach never even called to tell us. Oh well, only 7 more weeks to go! Next week Cole starts in a hitting league that runs for 8 weeks as well.
We also have a bowl-a-thon and bowling tournament for our spring baseball team fundraisers coming up. Tom is all gung-ho for this fundraising-I am not. he is angry at me because I refuse to do any selling for it. He is mad because I do nothing for the team. It's frustrating because I am just not a salesperson. I don't like to ask others for money. So, I won't do it. Now don't get me wrong, I will help the team, and the money is nice, but I don't sell anything. Of course, this has been a point of contention for Tom and I since last year. But I am standing firm and will not fall into his ability to make me feel guilty (which he does frequently because he knows I will cave). He also could have been a little grouchy tonight as he worked 16 hours straight (which meant he had been up for 27 hours) last night into today. He had to do training after his shift-he was upset because he didn't go to Cole's game as he needed to sleep since he is back at work now for another 12 hours. Atleast tomorrow he should be able to sleep for 9 1/2 hours before working another 12 hour shift.
Merrick attended her first music class this week with her friend, Nicholas. It was his 3rd birthday. She had a blast and did pretty good for her first organized event (since she goes to a in home day care-she hasn't ever really done anything that was organized). As you all know, Merrick is very strong willed, but she didn't show her ugly side (besides a few nasty faces at people trying to talk to her) during the entire hour. she was shy but listened to the directions for the most part. I was proud and realized we should get her into something. I am looking into dance classes tonight for her.
Well I suppose, Cole hasn't been feeling good, so gonna have him take a nice warm bath and head to bed early. Doesn't surprise me that one of my children would get sick the first day back to school-typical in my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment