
My family was down this weekend for the Chiefs vs. Vikings game and one last get together before my older brother, Nathan, heads to Germany for a few months.
We had a great time. Nathan and Ashley drove down from Minneapolis on Friday night and my parents came down later that night. We went to Cole's ball game on Saturday morning. Cole pitched well, but we came up short 13-9. Then we just hung out most of the afternoon and night. I did take my mom and sister to a few homes on the Parade of Homes. We enjoyed dinner that evening with a little wine.
Sunday brought my other brother, Pat and sister-in-law Ashley down from Ames to go to the chiefs game. Unfortunately it didn't fair better for the Vikings-as most of the family (everyone except mom, Merrick and I ) watched the at Arrowhead. We, mom, Merrick, and I, enjoyed the air conditioned mall in Independence. The rest of the family fried in the hot sun without sun screen. My sister, Ashley, ended up with heat exhaustion so she stayed the night again last night. I got a little crabby as I must have been tired and the pizza delivery man took too long for me. But all in all we had a great weekend. I enjoyed spending time with my siblings who I don't get to spend as much time as I would like.
Now it's back to work and getting some things done. Can you believe it is the end of September already. Where did this month go. We only have two more ball games and then tournaments. Hope you all had a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment