Monday, September 10, 2007

Spencer Fair




Sorry to all of you who do check my blog. This past week went so fast-Cole had two ball games plus we left Friday after school for Sibley to enjoy the Spencer Fair with Tom's family. I am back in town tonight and tired-not really ready for a day at school tomorrow.




As for Cole's ballgames-wow we are 3 and 1. I really didn't think we had a chance of winning anything but we have done pretty good. Granted we have some hard games to play but I am stoked that these boys have come together and won 3 games. The smiles on their faces is pricelss. They all seem to be having agreat time and they are all having their days at the plate! Cole's done amazing as usual. I don't know stats as merrick has kept me from paying real close attention but he has been striking 5-8 players out a game when he pitches and of course does an amazing job at first.




The kids had a great time at the fair. Cole just loves showing the pigs with grandpa, dad, uncle Andy, and his cousins (Erin, Brooke and Jayden-sorry don't know the way she spells it). One of the pigs he showed ended up getting Grand Champion so he was stoked. He got many purples and blue ribbons as well. Merrick and I stayed away from the fair most of the day on Saturday. This is the day they show the pigs and the longest day for everyone. I felt it would be best to keep Merrick at home away from the stress of getting the pigs out and being in a barn with pigs on the loose may have been a sight with Merrick. I can't lie (sorry Mary, I know you read this blog) but I can't say that I enjoy the day they show pigs. I am not a country girl and to me I like to see the cute baby pigs but watching big pigs run aimlessly around and having to stay out of the way because I would be scared of where the pigs would go wasn't my idea of a good day. I spent the morning with my parents (it was their anniversary) and then let Merrick take a nap while I picked up after my kids and watched a movie. I joined them for the horse show that afternoon, the rides on the midway, and supper. That night we went home and I made brownies for my sister Ashley who was in a car accident earlier in the day. She lives in Minneapolis and totaled her car so my dad headed up there on Sunday to see her and go to the Vikings game and he took her a gift from my mom and the brownies.


On Sunday, we walked around the fair a little and then the kids participated in the horse costume parade. Merrick, Cole, and Grandma Mary dressed in Twins gear as did their horse Autumn. My nieces, Brooke and Erin, dressed in Hawaiian attire and showed their pony, Ariel. They all looke adorable. Cole and Merrick got a 4th place ribbon for their costumes/horse so they really loved that. We then walked a round a little more and headed back to Sibley for supper with my parents. We left Sibley this morning and got back around 5 this afternoon. It was a good weekend but I am glad to be back to KC.




It is SAT testing at school this week so I will be busy with that and Cole has a ball game tomorrow. We are back into reality mode but I am ready. Hope you all are doing well.




Happy belated Anniversary to my cousin Jennifer. One year ago, I was enjoying the special day with her as a bridesmaid! Hope you had a great anniversary Jen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that horse has socks on! I love it!
patrick