Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Fun-or was it?

This weekend was suppose to be great. Tom was off and thus we should have accomplished much. Unfortunately that is never how things work out. Cole had Jordan over on Friday night and they both fell asleep by 10:30 so it wasn't a late night there.

On Saturday we had the end of the season party. We went bowling. I was all excited and wanted to bowl, but no other adults were bowling, so I didn't get to. Tom bowled with Merrick, so he did get to do some. I didn't get but two pictures and they were not even of the kids bowling. I just can't do two things at once and I was on Macy duty so I didn't get the pictures. She was a good baby there though. Then Saturday nigth was suppose to be family game night at the Gacke's. Well after the bowling party, we ended up with one of the players at our house until 7:30. We were kind of irritated because his mom never asked us if he could stay with us for the day. When we had the boy call her she stated if we had things to do, we could just bring him back to his house where he would sit by himself. Tom and I were not going to leave a 10 year old home alone so we kept him for 3 1/2 hours. We ended up changing our plans a little and didn't get our games started until 7:45. By that time, Merrick was cranky as she hadn't napped, and Macy just couldn't get content. So we ended up not playing much of our games. Frustrating for me. These things always happen, but we did have fun trying to get it all sorted out.

Today Tom and Cole went to one of the other coaches house to watch the Vikings lose to those stinkin' Bears. I went to school early to work for a little bit and then was trying to get things done around here. Unfortunately, Macy's being content was not happening today again. She just wanted to be held and was really fussy. I think she is cutting her first tooth-or atleast hoping that's why she was fussy. She took a good nap finally tonight from 5-7:30, which could be bad for us tonight, but I can't complain because she has slept through the night for so long, I don't even remember the last time I was up in the night.

Will try to get some new pictures up soon.

No comments: