The kids at the "Pumpkin Patch"
Macy sleeping-she was a super baby, sleeping the whole time.
Cole waiting to pitch pennies.
Merrick after face painting.
The only free thing-sitting in the fire engine.
Another family pic
All tuckered out.
Same here! Cole has a sucker in his mouth, safe huh? But even better, I took the picture and the one of Merrick sleeping while driving-I just held up the camera and snapped it so I was looking at the road, but probably shouldn't do that again. Wonder why I get tickets?
Yesterday I went on my first kindergarten field trip as a teacher. We went to Carolyn's Pumpkin Patch--just south of Liberty. It was fun, but terribly fast. Last weekend I bugged Tom about going as a family-he said no. It'll be boring, it's too expensive (we went to a pumpkin patch with Cole in the Cedar Falls area when we lived there and bought these huge pumpkins that cost us over $50--we didn't know they charged us by the pound so I think that is what he meant by too expensive), etc. So before I left for school yesterday I saw that Crown Center (downtown Kansas City) was having a free pumpkin patch with over 30,000 pumpkins for $3.00/each. After going to Carolyn's I realized that this may be a great idea for me this weekend since Tom didn't want to go.
Cole had practice this morning, so we headed out about 1:15ish to make the 30 minute trek down there. Once there, I realized what they meant by free-you could walk around for free but they had inflatables, pony rides, petting zoo, carnival games, food, and pumpkins for a fee (of course, is anything free anymore). I bought the kids some tickets and let them play the games and do the inflatables-we bypassed pony rides and the petting zoo. They had a good time. We then got to pick out to decent sized pumpkins for only $6.00. I thought that was a deal as Tom would have gotten two from Walmart for $10.00. It was also nice to be on paved ground with a stroller. Merrick did really well considering she had no nap, and Cole didn't get too bored-next year may be a different story but we had a good time. I was laughing on the way home though as my kids experience of a pumpkin patch may now be going downtown to pick out a pumpkin that has been picked and is laying amidst thousands of other pumpkins in this fenced in area in front of a large building. Gotta love living in a city. Enjoy the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment