We had a great snow day. I didn't get as much cleaning done as I would have liked-oh well I like to wait to the last minute you know. We got the bed put in our room down the basement, so that was a big help-thanks honey for doing most of the work and getting the blinds up. Now we have a place for my in-laws to sleep. I tutored at 2:00 this afternoon and Merrick took a great nap. We let the kids play outside-this is the first time Merrick has gotten a chance to play in the snow this season. Every other time it has snowed, it has been in the single digits-just too cold for little Merrick and Cole. Today was in the 30's so they had a great time sledding, making snow angels, and having a snow ball fight. The snow was not good packing snow-so no snowman. It was an overall great day.
I will say, I was a little worried being home today, Ash Wednesday. I have this mental issue with today and Good Friday. I think I need to snack-even though we are too be fasting. It is strange though because at school I don't snack and on some days when I am super busy I don't snack, so why do I freak out abuot it today--it is all in my mind and I know it-when you can't have something you want something. I did good though, no wanting food!!! Due to my pregnancy, I have decided not to give up my normal-popcorn and chocolate (ok, those things are not good for my pregnancy anyway, but just don't like to deprive myself since I give up caffeine pop during pregnancy I like to keep some chocolate around and have a little caffeine). I am trying to use better language--I sometimes have an awful potty mouth, especially when conversing with Tom. I am also going to try to be a better momma and teacher-my patience has been getting the best of me lately, so I am going to try to do better.
Hope you all have a great rest of the week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment