Today is my favorite sister in the whole wide world's birthday. She turns 24 today, yes on Groundhog's Day! I was so excited that my momma had another sister for me to play house with (you know my two brothers never got into house playing with me). I was 5 1/2 at the time and I just loved treating Ashley like my own baby! Times have changed and I often call her for advice. Ashley is so independent and very traditional at the same time. She understands me as a mom and even more understands who I am and what I enjoy. I thank her for being so strong and being such an inspiration to me, even though I am the older one. She values family and our time together as family. She would drop anything and come help me if I needed (which she has done more than once in the past-she babysat for a few days when I had to go back to work when Merrick was born and she even came down for Tom's birthday so that I Tom and I could go out!) Ashley knows what she wants and works hard to get it. She definitely got her ability to multi-task and her need for perfection from my mother (something I didn't inherit).
Today she is spending her birthday with the love of her life, Bob! They live in Omaha (which she left the Twin Cities for-just to be with him as he goes through med school). I talked to her this morning and sounded as if they had some great plans for the evening. Enjoy your day Ash, you deserve it. I love you and wish I was there to help celebrate this special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment