I say this after waking up from an hour nap that both Tom and I took this evening. I was watching Shrek with Merrick and she kept saying, "Mom, wake up or Mom, keep your eyes open". I finally woke up near the end of the movie and couldn't believe it was after 8:00. As soon as the movie was over, I brought Merrick upstairs to bed-I told her to go in and give Tom a kiss and a hug. We walked into my bedroom and heard Tom snoring-sound asleep with the TV and lights on. We woke him up out of a deep sleep. Poor Cole and Merrick must think, "What are wrong with these people-they are sleeping and it is early". Guess we are getting old. I think we were up early due to our snow day call at 5:30. Yesterday we had a snow day as well but I wasn't prepared and I was drying my hair when the phone rang. I just happened to go downstairs to get a laundry basket when I saw a message on my machine. I thought that was wierd but thought maybe my para was sick and she was callingme to tell me, then I heard the message was from 6:15 and I thought who was callingme at that time. Sure enough it was a snow day call. I was already showered and such so i stayed up. It snowed more yesterday during the day, so I thought there may be a chance today would have been another snow day so I took the phone upstairs with me. Yep, 5:30 a phone call. Well, neither Tom nor I could go back to sleep so we were up, I am blaming that on why we were so tired.
We didn't accomplish too much the last two snow days. I think I am in a rut with this crappy winter weather we have been having in the midwest. I am so tired of snow, ice, and bitter cold temperatures. I just want this winter to be over. I am jealous of my parents who get to head to Tulsa in a week. I wish that I could just go lay in a tanning bed, but being pregnant that is out as well. Ughhh. Just give me a couple 60 days in a row and I would be happy. It isn't even fun winter weather as the kids can't play outside because it is so bitterly cold. I need it to be spring (*note-I will be whining when that comes as well as we drag our buts to baseball game after baseball game. Atleast this year Cole will only be on one team!)
Hope you all enjoy your weekend-I need to spend some time preparing for P/T conferences which are this upcoming week. Atleast I will be well rested for my long nights this week and then we get another day off next Friday. Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment