I needed today. This winter has been nothing but a bunch of cold, ice, snow, and being stuck inside. Today the weather hit 70 degrees and the sun was shining. I really believe that I am missing out on that Vitamin D and would give anything to jump in a fake and bake machine today (yes, due to the pregnancy I won't but I wish I could). It felt good to be outside with the kids, enjoy a little time with my neighbors, and just feel as if there is an end in sight and winter is almost over. I am hoping that in two weeks this weather will hit again so that our Spring Break will be sunny and warmer-boy would that help me finish the year strong.
Today I also got a much needed hair cut. I never have been into my appearance and so getting haircuts regularly is not something I do-but last night my neighbor told me she was going to get hers cut today-so I invited myself along and got mine done as well. We go to a shop where another one of our neighbor works-she did a great job and I love having my shorter hair back. Tom even likes the cut (which is the same one I had 6 months ago-but I think he liked it back then as well). I need to make myself go more often-we will see, I was glad to get it done.
Cole had his basketball party today-quite boring and we had to leave early but he got to eat some pizza and get his trophy. I didn't know anyone on the team-I was with Cole myself along with Merrick so I didn't socialize too much. I am glad basketball is over-although we did finish the season 7-1 so pretty good. cole also had his final hitting league this afternoon. Merrick and I tagged along to see him as we hadn't seen him before. It really is just watching him hit off a batting machine-it was nice to see him-but I told Tom that the league was really a waste of money and he agreed.
Other than that nothing new around here. I had conferences this week so we had Friday off-Friday was spent running around in the morning trying to get tom's car's license renewed. Of course he waited to the last day to get the inspection and the license. Fun, fun. I was crabby as I was super tired so i crashed with Merrick last night watching Cinderella.
On a great note-we find out on Thursday what we are having. We are super excited so watch on Thursday for that post. Have a great rest of the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment