Monday, March 24, 2008

End of Break

Cole and his eggs!

Merrick with her Easter Eggs



Posing for a picture after church!





The time has come for Spring Break to end. Yes, we are sad here at the Gacke residence. Cole is sad that he doesn't get to veg out all day and has to get back to work. Merrick is sad that she doesn't get to play at her house and outside with mommy and Jerrilynn and I am sad as I don't ever accomplish what I say I am going to and it is back to reality world-lesson plans, IEP's, testing, and grading. The procrastinator in me still has grades to figure before tomorrow-ughhh. Cole even said to me Saturday as I was grading papers, "Mom, why do you always wait to the end of the break to do your school work". Yes, it is that obvious and I have passed this lovely trait onto my son. I am hoping Merrick will be more like her daddy. Probably not a trait a teacher should be showing her children I know.
Today went fast. We went to Tunnel Voyage (Merrick and I) with Jen and Nicholas. Merrick is still afraid of tunnels and when she finally attempted to go in one and down a slide she cried and cried. Nicholas (yes, he is only 3 as well) and another girl rescued her and that was the end of trying to do tunnels. She had a good time on the little slide, swing, ball pit, and playing in the toddler area. Nicholas was a tunnel master and was up in the tunnels and down the slides quick-he went everywhere and sometimes we couldn't even see him for awhile as he was crawling from one end to the other. He was amazing, wish Merrick would be a little more brave. It was great to see Jen. She is expecting son #2 just 4 weeks before Little Miss Baby G. She is a great friend and a wonderful mother-I always wish some of her wisdom shines down on me and I become a better person from being around her. It was great getting to talk pregnancy with her (but I was still bummed as she is a whole month ahead of me and I am still bigger than her). You look great Jen! We then had lunch at McDonalds and Merrick and I headed to school to grab a few more papers that I had forgotten to grade.
Tom and Cole are at baseball practice. Cole's foot is still swollen and he is still limping. I decided if it doesn't get better by the end of the week we will have to go to the doctor. Our neighbor stated it could take 9 days so I will wait to the weekend, just hope it gets better as Jordan's party is next weekend and they will be playing Lazer Tag.
Well I better stop my procrastinating and get to grading. Have a great week-atleast mine is only 4 days!!!!

No comments: