I love my neighbors. I have some of the best neighbors-they would do anything for us and they do. Tonight was one more example as to why I love my neighbors. Cole jumped off the fifth step tonight and landed with his toes bent under. He was in pain but didn't tell me about for a couple hours after it happened. I had him ice it and told him to elevate it for awhile. I had Tom look at it but we both just thought Cole was milking the pain a little much. He wouldn't put any pressure on it at all so we got a little worried. Tom worked tonight so he talked to the X-ray tech and was going to talk to the doctors. He thought he would try to come home and take Cole to the ER if it hadn't gotten any better. In comes my neighbors...
Elva, my neighbor called, and we were talking about getting together tomorrow to dye eggs with the kids. I told her I wasn't sure as we may have to take Cole in to the ER with his foot, etc. She said, why don't you have Jerry (her husband) look at it. Duh, why didn't I think of that. Jerry is a Physical Therapist-so I said, ok. So they came over and Jerry assessed the injury. He said it was just a joint/tendon. He massaged it a while and we did some ice. Cole started limping less and I felt a lot better that we didn't have to go to the ER for an X-ray. What would I have done without Jerry? It is so great to have awesome neighbors. I hope that you all have great ones as well!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment