For my avid blog readers, you will remember that when I first started my blog last year, it was mainly about Cole's baseball and my attempts of getting a Kindergarten job at Schumacher. Well, I haven't brought up the fact that I am in the process of trying again this year to land a position at Schumacher on the Kindergarten team. If you don't know me well, the reason I hadn't brought it up is I never like to set myself up for failure in front of others. I always like to keep a low profile before sharing news as I want to be sure it is something that will happen or I feel like a failure. Looks like my chances for this job may be slipping away yet again, which is very frustrating to me. Let me start at the beginning, and finish with the latest news.
In January, even though I knew I was pregnant, I decided to write a letter to the Asst. Superintendant in charge of personel repeating my desires to move to Kindergarten. About a month later, I was contacted by my principal (who I also let know of my interest) that I needed to set up an "interview"/meeting with the man in charge of hiring. I was excited as this was better than last summer, getting an interview. So on our snow day, I found out that I still needed to go in. I went in for a 2 minute chat to find out I needed to interview with my principal and the principal at the ECC (Early Childhood Center). I had also put I was interested in an EC position at the ECC. So I set up an interview with the ECC. At school the next Monday, I went in to set up a time to meet with my principal-he was like, we can just talk now. So I thought he was going to interview me, but he didn't. He offered me the kindergarten job. I was blown away and excited, but then I had to tell him I was also interviewing at the ECC. That screwed everything up, as all of a sudden I had others involved not just moving me to Kindergarten. So, I went to the interview and basically told the principal there that I had been offered the K job and didn't try to hard with the interview. I got back later that day and talked to my principal. He back-peddled and said, that he wasn't sure if I could have the job because I am SPED. Ughh... frustration hit-so waiting again.
A few days later he told me that he had talked to Central Office and they would like to grant me a transfer but they really needed to fill the other SPED positions that were open due to resignations, retirements, and new positions, and then they would think about me making the transfer. I new it, this SPED department is not letting me go, as they can easily find a Kindergarten teacher but not so easy to find a SPED teacher.
So a few more days went by and my principal decided to let the entire staff at my school know that one of the K teacher's was leaving to stay at home with her children and he also stated that I was interested in the job-so now everyone knows I want the job, but I still don't have it. I had to let my colleagues know I was interested in this job and my SPED coordinators.
Well over the last two weeks, some financial pitfalls have hit the district (a few men at Central office including the two who are in charge of hiring and the superintendant are being investigated for not using school funds appropriately). So now, I think my transfer is the least of their concerns. I talked to my principal today, he stated that he didn't think I would find out for awhile (basically not till the end of the year). He also preceeded to tell me that he was still planning on me for the job, but he knows that we SPED teacher's are hard to replace, so he wasn't sure they really would let me leave the position. He also stated that he hated to be given a random new SPED teacher-he said it wasn't fair to my SPED team. Ughh. I am more frustrated as I really feel that this job that was offered to me a month ago, is being taken away from me because I have a SPED background. I really wanted to make this move, but am leaving it in the hands of God, that I will be in a position next year that I am meant to be in.
I do want to thank my fellow Kindergarten teachers at Schumacher. Two of the teachers have really stepped up to the plate for me. They both have told my principal that they would love to have me on their team and I would make a great K teacher. One of the teachers is leaving, but the other one has also told the Asst. Super in charge of hiring that she really wanted me to get the job. Thanks Amy-you have been wonderful through this all!
Anyway, I wanted to share my frustrations. I won't probably talk about this too much but will let you know as soon as they make a decision. Thanks for listening to me vent!
No comments:
Post a Comment