Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome Spring Break

We are officially on spring break and when we woke up this morning we were greeted with a dusting of snow! Ugh... It seems every year that the week before spring break is gorgeous (this week we had 60-70 degree weather) and then spring break hits and wooosh-back to winter temps. Frustrating. Guess someone is trying to make us want to get back to school. Oh well, guess that means I can accomplish something this week. Of course I have a huge list of things I want to do-first and foremost is clean my house. I let it go last week, knowing I had this week to deal with it and Tom was off the weekend last week so I like to spend time with him. Now I am paying for it-mainly in Miss Merrick's room. I also want to clean closets, blinds, and I wanted to switch Cole and Merrick's room, but am thinking that this may be a summer task, as I would also like to paint Merrick's room. I think we will leave Cole's room plain for now as we are expecting to have him move to the basement in a year or two. Then I also need to spend some time at school getting files in order and grade cards done. Plus I want to just spend time with my kiddos and do something with my friend Jen and her son Nicholas-haven't seen them in forever! Good thing we are not traveling-I think, with a little motivation I can get it all done!

We are still in name debate mode. We are stuck at two names and that is really why I wanted to find some other M names. I may just have to go to the library and check out a baby names book. I really want Macy. Tom wants Mara. Cole is on board with me, Merrick is on board with whoever says the name first as she doesn't remember the names. She is such a kidder-she makes up names we can call the baby all the time and laughs at her choices. Tom is committing to not letting me have the name Macy-which is making me not want the name Mara even though I suggested it to him before he was against Macy. Anyone have these problems when naming there kids. this is new to me, Cole came easy (Tom's choice), Merrick came easy (my choice) and now baby number three. Seems to be what is in store for us with number three-always indecisive. We are excited, but I am not enjoying this pregnancy nearly as much as my other two. I feel huge (and i am huge) and I still have 4 months to go. my comfort level is gone and I am dreading the next few months. I never thought of myself as a whiny preggo lady until now. Ok, had to get that off my chest. Well I am going to go, need to find out if the Easter Egg hunt is still on for today. Cole is too old to go, but am going to take Merrick-see if she wants to do it more than she did last year. Have a great weekend.

No comments: