GIRL!!!
Yes, the lord has blessed us with another daughter. I won't lie, I was shocked when the ultrasound technician said, "These three lines are what I believe to be a girl's parts! (Ok, she didn't say it like that but I really don't remember exactly what she said.) I honestly thought that I was having a boy. I just have similar feelings as I did with Cole with the exception of being nauseous for the first 3.5 months of the pregnancy. Tom, who I thought would be disappointed, is doing well. I think he knows that our new daughter will not be like our strong willed one (or atleast he is hoping). Cole was crushed he took about 10 minutes of shedding some tears and asking to be alone before he emerged and realized it would be ok. We tried to comfort him and encourage him that it would be better to be the only boy, etc. He has moved on and is excited to tell his teacher tomorrow.So back to the, "I believe to be a girl's part". Little Miss Baby G. didn't want to cooperate with the ultrasound today. She was laying with her feet over her head almost the entire time. She also kept her legs together and at one point even had her legs crossed. Due to the baby being in such a position, the tech didn't feel as if she was able to get a good look at the heart and spine so I get another ultrasound. No worries, they assure me everything looks good, they just really like to see everything and measure everything. Her heartbeat was strong so that is great! She is currently only 10 ozs and is measuring right on our due date of July 27th. The tech stated that although she was almost sure it was a girl, with the next ultrasound we will know for sure. We probably won't have the next ultrasound until May. Tom and I are pretty certain it is a girl, so we are spreading the news!
Having a girl will make a lot of things easier. We have all of Merrick's baby clothes, blankets, etc. Since we only have 3 bedrooms upstairs and we are not ready for Cole to move to our bedroom in the basement, we know that Merrick and the new baby can share a room. We are very excited for this next adventure of our lives!
We had a boy's name picked out, but haven't settled on a girl's name yet. The kids and I want one name and Tom doesn't, so we are still in negotiations. I am still up for suggestions if anyone has any cute girl names that start with the letter "M". Being a teacher makes picking a name harder as some names just lose their appeal after you know a child with that same name. You teacher's out there know what I am talking about, right!
Have a great Friday, we will as we share our wonderful news about Little Miss Baby G.
No comments:
Post a Comment