Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Blog=Nothing New

I haven't written in about a week as there really is nothing new going on with me. Although I feel the need to write a blog, as I am religious about checking my favorite blogs daily (ok, sometimes more than once a day)--I get sad if they haven't done a new post, you think I would be better-but I never feel as if I have anything to say that is of importance to everyone. Same old, same old around the Gacke's this week.

I did get to experience my first (and hopefully not last) Kindergarten Roundup last Thursday. It was so much fun watching all the little ones come in excited (and apprehensive) about being in school. I was just an observer (but I didn't do my job well) as I was in to talking with the kids, or helping the ones who were in tears. I was super excited to have gotten the opportunity to be with the little ones. They had a great turnout (84 students which was up from only 50-sum last year). WE will probably have 5 sections of Kindergarten, so of course everyone at school thinks that I probably will have the job. Little do they understand that it wasn't about getting 5 sections, I was told I would have the teacher's job that was leaving, it is about getting out of SPED and always will be about getting out of SPED. I am still hopeful!!!

We had movie night at Schumacher on Friday night so I took Cole, Merrick, Jordan and Jerilynn (my neighbors). It was ok, but Merrick and Jerilynn got a little restless and were running in circles. This mommy wasn't a happy camper and Merrick lost out on getting ice cream after the show.

Cole went to Jordan's birthday party on Saturday night so Merrick and I had a game and movie night. Tom, of course, was working so I think Merrick was ready for Cole to come home on Sunday as she was tired of being with me. Although she is getting a little sneaky and climbing in bed with me the days Tom's working. Due to my not wanting to move by big butt out of bed to fight with her in the middle of the night and the fact that with a king size bed, I don't notice her in it, I have allowed it to happen. She doesn't attempt it with Daddy in the bed, as she knows it wouldn't fly. I know I need to get this habit broken soon or she will be coming in when she hears Baby Girl Gacke awake in the night. It has been strange, as Merrick has never been one to want to sleep with anyone. She has always preferred her bed to being held to fall asleep and has always stayed in her bed. We will see how the next few nights go when tom works.

Cole has his first tournament game this weekend, so we are praying for some good weather. I shouldn't complain as I talked to my mom the other day and they were in the middle of a blizzard. I had to laugh as it was 62 degrees at 7:45 am in KC while they were having this blizzard. Amazing what a few hundred miles can mean in weather.

Well, nothing else new with the Gacke's. Little Miss Gacke is moving more-although Tom still hasn't been able to feel her. She is not my mover and shaker like Merrick was -- more calm like Cole, but that means Tom doesn't get to feel her. It also means a teacher at school can't--who has to touch my belly on a regular basis (yes, usually daily-I have managed to miss her the last few days, darn). Anyway, hope your week is going well. Have a great rest of the week.

No comments: