I often feel like people wonder why I have an almost 10 year old, a 3 year old and am pregnant. Of course, you all know that we started our family at a very young age (I was four months from turning 20 when I had Cole) so we waited with a minor setback then had Merrick. Well, I always wanted three, so as my 30th birthday was approaching, we decided it was now or never. I loved being a mommy to Cole and even more to both Cole and Merrick. But I always felt bad, as Cole was an only child for so long. Well, it's nights like tonight that I thank God for giving me my two beautiful children and thank God for giving Merrick to us 6 1/2 years after Cole. God knew that I needed a big brother to be such a great teacher. He really is the best helper I could ask for, he gets things for Merrick, plays with her, takes her outside, and he loves reading to her. Tonight as I was on the computer, he was in her room reading to her. I heard him asking her questions while he read the book to her and my heart just melted. He would patiently wait for her to answer and then continue reading. Sometimes I think I am the worst mother in the world and then I overhear things like this and I think-wow, I have done something right. It was a wonderful moment that I needed to share. As I prepare for number three, I know that things will be great in the Gacke's as the my two girls have a great brother and a great teacher!
1 comment:
couldnt agree more!
uncle
patrick
Post a Comment