So, I am frustrated in my quest for Kindergarten again. I realized this week that I should have been smarter and held out on signing my contract until I knew for sure that I had the position. But you know good ole Becky, always trusting others. No where on the contract does it state I will be a SPED teacher, so I just decided to sign it and hope that I still would get the job. Think I should have used it to my advantage in bargaining.
Another teacher at my school put in a transfer to another school in Liberty after transfer requests were to be in. She went in to central office yesterday and was granted her transfer. Ughh.... I am very happy for her, but very frustrated that I am still waiting with no word from Central Office. My wonderful principal, continues to assure me that he still wants me for the position and again shared this with staff today, but I am wondering if he is the only one pulling for me in administration. It is just so frustrating. He is allowing me to attend Kindergarten placements on Monday so I was happy about that and I really feel as if he is supporting my decision. I just wish someone at Central Office would support my desires as well. Word of advice to anyone going into teaching. Don't use SPED to get into a school district if you don't really want to stay in it, because once there you never can get out.
No comments:
Post a Comment