Wednesday, April 30, 2008

End of the school year- busy, busy!

This has been a busy week and it is only Wednesday, of course I am procrastinating as I still need to write an IEP and lesson plans before I head to bed. You know me though, I work best under pressure. I am not sure that my preggo body is enjoying pressure and stress. Macy has been giving me a workout today. She had been such a calm one for a long time, now it is kick after kick and for some reason the bladder seems to be her area of choice. Ughhh...

We have accomplished a lot this week. We got some flowers planted which made my day. I just love my petunias (although I love them more when they have grown and spread over the flower beds but they are still pretty). Merrick stayed home sick from her babysitters today due to some flu symptoms through the night last night (throwing up and diarrhea) Tom seemed to think she was fine as they had a grand day together. Going to the park, playing in the sandbox, and lunch at McDonald's. I had to lecture him a little but they had a good time and we believe that Merrick's symptoms may have been from something she ate as she has been fine all day and has firm stools.

It's Cole's 10th birthday this weekend and to celebrate we are heading to St. Louis for the weekend. The boys will take in the Cardinals and Cubbies game on Friday night and Saturday we will go to the zoo and arch. It is our last getaway as a family of 4, so I am hoping that we all stay well and the weather isn't terrible.

I have been enjoying my last few days as a SPED teacher, the relief in knowing that with each paperwork completed, I am one step closer to fulfilling a long time dream. Don't get me wrong, I still have a ton of paperwork to get done in the next 20 days but it will get done and then I am done for good with IEP's. Hip Hip Hooray!

Well my procrastinating is over, i feel some ideas coming and I need to get these on paper. I hate sub plans but am taking Friday off so I need them done before my crazy busy day tomorrow at school.

No comments: