Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No escaping the nasty Flu

Well, I thought we were doing great staying away from the awful flu that has hit Liberty hard. My in-laws were staying with us this weekend and my mother-in-law ended up with the flu on Saturday night into Sunday. They left early Sunday and I used Lysol and Chlorox all over the house in hopes of getting rid of any germs. Turns out maybe Tom and I are the carriers as last night around 10, Tom was getting ready for work and I was going to go to sleep when I heard Merrick crying. Very unusual for her-she had been asleep for an hour and a half. Tom went in as I was in bed, I had gotten up to find a very sick little girl. Tom took care of the bedding and I cleaned Merrick up. We got new sheets on and got her back to sleep only to wake up a few more times to her having more episodes. Her last one happened around 11:00 pm and then she slept until 7:10 this morning. Tom stayed up with her this morning and I came home this afternoon to stay with her. She took a little nap this morning but has been fine ever since. She hasn't eaten too much but has not had any problems-so maybe we are lucky and only got a minor version of the flu. Thank goodness. I am hoping that Cole, Tom and I don't get it. Since she hasn't had any fever or has not gotten sick again today, we are planning on sending her back to the babysitter tomorrow. Pray that she stays well all night!

No comments: