Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life is happening-sorry!




I love blogging and reading blogs, but man, I have had no time to sit and type for ever. Sorry about that for those who often check my site. Things are crazy busy as usual and I have just been so tired lately. Kindergarten is going well. I will be honest, jumping into the unknown has been harder than I could imagine. Don't get me wrong, I knew teaching kindergarten was no walk in the park, but I have dealt myself even harder cards to play as I had a sub in the very beginning. Unfortunately I am struggling to get things under control, so I continue to work on that. Of course, on Friday a sub thought she would give me some advice--that just irritated me to know end. Hopefully this week will be an even better week. I do love being with the kids and I love my team. It is my dream job still-and it is challenging me even more which is what I need!

Tom is loving life as a stay at home dad (ok, he still works, but he has had full responsiblities with Macy the last two weeks). He loves the time he is spending with Macy and Merrick when she is also here. He is keeping my house picked up and laundry done, I am so thankful for that. He is coaching Cole's baseball team as well, so he stays busy with games and practices. He does have a pretty good team, but they do give him some headaches with their laxadazical attitude.

Cole is enjoying fifth grade and the responsibilities that go with being the leaders of the elementary school. He isn't enjoying all the homework responsibilities that go with 5th grade though. he has a great teacher who holds kids accountable for their work-which is a little different than last year, so that has been hard on him. Cole is still doing well in baseball, but is playing on two teams again this fall. I believe his love for the game is being taken away because of this. He doesn't get as excited about playing and would rather just be at home playing outside. I love that he is still enjoying being a kid, but his attitude is less desirable as he grows!

Merrick is really enjoying being at her babysitter, Barb's. I think she is getting some well deserved attention. Barb fell coming down her stairs the other day and has blown out her knee, so Merrick missed two days. Luckily Tom was around, so I didn't have to miss any work. Merrick was sad though. She also started Sunday school at church and can't wait to go back. I probably should have gotten her into preschool this year, but the waiting lists are so long, hopefully she will next year. I did have her tested for the Liberty Public Schools preschool. Unfortunately you have to qualify in speech/language, fine motor skills, or concepts to be able to go here. I am very proud of Merrick as she is a very smart girl and didn't even come close to qualifying. I knew she was smart, but her sensory disfunctions are what concern me, of course they didn't even look at those things, so it was a waste of my afternoon!

Macy turns two months tomorrow. Where did my baby go. She is doing really well. She is spending more time awake and playing during the day. She loves smiling, cooing, and batting at her toys. She is still a great eater and even better at burping(seriously, her burps are so loud we often are surprised it wasn't her daddy or brother). She loves sticking to her schedule-as when we disrupt this we have a harder time during the day. She is eating about 30 ounces of formula a day, but this may increase again soon. According to our weighing method, she is about 11 and a half pounds. We go in for her check up in about two weeks-so am anxious to see what she actually weighs then. She still looks somewhat petite to me, compared to my other kids but who knows it has been almost 4 years since Merrick was born so I can't say that I can remember for sure.

My mom comes tonight to help with babysitting this week, Iam so grateful. Tom's mom will come next week. I know they are both excited to spend time with us. Well, I better get people up and ready for church. Have a great rest of the weekend.

No comments: