Saturday, September 6, 2008

Top three reasons I must be stressed out...

3. Crying uncontrolably in front of Cole's teacher and continuing for a good hour.

2. After tring on a jacket in Target, I proceeded to walk around the store with my jacket on inside out. I ran into one of my student's mom and after a good 5 minutes of talking she said something to me-ugh.

And the number one reason I must be stressed is....

1. Going on a family picnic thirty minutes from our house only to have time to eat our sandwiches and turn around to head for home because I forgot the diaper bag!

Yes, that is right! I have an infant and didn't remember the diaper bag. Since we didn't make it on a picnic on Labor day, I had planned to go today. After packing the diaper bag, making sandwiches and packing the cooler, getting the kids ready, and having Tom put the kid's bikes and stroller in his vehicle we head out to Stocksdale park in eastern Liberty. We get there and notice all these cars, buses, and a police woman directing traffic. We decide there must be a soccer tournament and we don't want to be in the middle of that, so Tom suggest we head to a park that we went with our friends Jen, Nicholas, and Matthew last week. Ok, I am up for it and maybe even a trip to the mall afterwards. We get down to the park and Tom starts getting out the bikes and stroller. I go to get out Macy and the diaper bag but low and behold the diaper bag is no where to be found. I swear I had it on my shoulder when I was walking out of the house. Tom even asked before we headed to Independence, "Do you have formula?"--because one day I left the house with a bottle full of water but no formula. Of course I told him, but that is because I thought the diaper bag was in the back. Tom put the bikes back we went and ate sandwiches and it started raining anyway, so much for a picnic today.

I am feeling pretty stressed and of course should be dealing with the stress instead of blogging but you know me. I go back to work on Monday and I don't know what I am so stressed about but the fear of not being a good kindergarten teacher. I am so nervous and so worried about not knowing what I am doing. My principal put himself out there for me to get hired and now I feel I need to be the best I can be. Luckily I have a great team, who may get annoyed by me, to help me out. I will make it but it doesn't make me less nervous, scared, and stressed out. Guess I am going to go have a glass of wine to calm my nerves and work on a few things.

No comments: