No, I didn't forget that Thanksgiving was yesterday, but here at the Gacke's we celebrated Thanksgiving today. Tom worked Wednesday and Thursday so he was sleeping all day Thursday. I didn't want to have him rush through a meal just so we could say we had our Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving day, so we had our feast today. It was delicious-just finished some pie, and I am stuffed. I am so thankful that I am able to spend this holiday with my immediate family. Of course we miss our parents/grandparents, but we know they understand how important it is for me to have this tradition of spending Thanksgiving at our house together as a family. My kids miss out on Christmas with just the five of us, as we are always back in Iowa (yes, we do celebrate it, usually on New years Eve, but it just isn't the same) so we enjoy Thanksgiving as the five of us. Cole enjoyed his meal, especially the mashed potatoes as he does every year. Merrick only ate potatoes (no gravy), a little turkey, and a little bit of roll. She didn't care for the green bean casserole and we still can't get her to eat the Watergate salad-she states she doesn't like Marshmallow salads. Macy didn't get to partake in any of the Thanksgiving food. I use a tad too much butter when making my mashed potatoes, I didn't want her to have a belly ached due to this. I do plan to start getting some veggies in her in the next couple weeks-I think she is ready as she seems hungrier during the day again.
We finally have the kids moved to their new rooms. IT took me awhile, but Macy has slept in her big girl crib in her own room the past two going on three nights. She is doing fine. Merrick and Cole both like their new rooms, although both of their's are works in progress-we will want to paint both the rooms come spring, but we will hold out until then.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am very thankful for all my family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment