Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

It is Black Friday and I am sitting in my pj's in my warm house, enjoying the fact that I am not out trying to beat the crowds and get a deal. I am not a shopper, I have never been one, so to stand in line at the wee hours of the morning, sounds no fun to me. I will admit, I have gone out early once or twice and gotten something I absolutely had to have, but I didn't have fun, and have decided it's not for me. Tom, on the other hand, loves this day. Although, I don't think he has actually ever gone out early to shop, so maybe that is why. He loves the idea of getting a good deal. He basis his Christmas list off the deals on Black Friday. He is sleeping though this morning. He worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights and has to work tonight, Saturday, and Sunday night. I believe he is exhausted.

Yesterday was nice, we ate dinner at about 1:oo pm. Then we put up the Christmas decorations. It is days like yesterday that I am glad I don't have a huge house or a ton of decorations because I finished in less than 2 hours (only reason it took me that long is that I searched for an ornament that cole is missing and had to deal with finding the light bulb on my tree that was out and causing a whole row of branches to be without power. I did find it, otherwise I was going to curse pre-lit trees. I think of how beautiful my mom's house looks at Christmas, but I know she spends hours decorating and she has a lot more to decorate with. I am happy with my tree, my Nativity, and a few other odds and ends. Tom loves to put lights up on the house-so he has to finish that, but with the snow and frost, I don't know when he will get up on the roof top.

Well I suppose, I better go finish picking up the house again. I swear I have been at it since Tuesday night. Having a three year old running around does not help. She is complaining of a sore throat this morning. I am hoping it will go away as it is dry in the house due to the heat, but we will see. hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: