Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Veterans Day

I just wanted to say Happy Veteran's Day to all those serving or have served in the armed forces. We are proud of all that you are doing and have done for us here in the US. Thank you also to all the families of these service men. They truly are the rock in the relationship and are just as much heroes as their spouses are! Also happy Belated birthday to the Marine Corp. It doesn't seem possible but 9 years ago this weekend I was attending my first Marine Corp ball. I was only able to attend two MC balls but they were both a wonderful experience. Tom celebrated yesterday by working (but him and the other security officer, who is a former marine, wore their shoes from the MC to work-Tom kept his on for about two minutes are they were two small).

On the home front, not much new. The time change has been great for my mornings but I have been so tired at night. I am hoping I am finally back into the routine with the change now. I spent the weekend getting Merrick's room back in order. She has a closet full of clothes that evidently are two small (unfortunately for both my kids they are destined to be big kids and merrick is no exception-all her pants are two small and short from last year). So I went through her clothes and got some toys finally put away from her birthday. I don't know what it is about little girls, but they just like stuff. Merrick finds little purses, baskets, bags, baggies, sacks, bowls, plates, etc. and puts little trinkets in them and walks around the house. I bet right now there are five of these bags laying around with random trinkets, toys, etc. in them. Drives me crazy, especially because it seems that I lose things with her more than I ever did with Cole. My biggest pet peeve is losing game pieces (as I really enjoy board games) and right now I am missing 12 of 20 marbles for hungry hippos, another 8-10 connect four chips, and two pieces from perfection-ugh....but I know they are probably in a purse or bag somewhere.

Cole is well, he stayed over at the neighbors last night. He was very excited this weekend as he was able to play with Jordan all weekend long. Last weekend they were out running errands and when they got home we left to run errands so he had no time to play. Cole has been doing a lot of practicing of ping-pong and is having to let me get some points when we play against eachother. He was so funny yesterday, because he clearly would score, but he believes I don't know how to play the game-which I can say I am definitely not good at, and he would give me reasons why that was actually my point. He wanted me to have a chance against him-although he never actually let me win, he just wanted it to be a close game. He still is my competitive one. sometimes we will play the "Let's see who can get to their room the fastest and get ready for bed the fastest" game. Of course, I believe he would let his 3 year old sister win sometimes, but no-- he always has to win. Tom says it's my fault he is that way (well maybe it is a little).

I got to get out for a few hours today. Went shopping with my neighbor Elva, didn't get too much except a gift for Merrick's sitter. Also I made Elva show me what shells I needed to make Taco's with. So I made taco's tonight. Thanks Elva these shells were definitely better. I loved them, although I haven't perfected the frying technique yet-mine are definitely not uniform as hers always are.

I hope you all have a great week. I definitely hope mine is better than last week. My students have been monsters. Don't know what to do with them.

No comments: