Monday, May 26, 2008

Cotton Candy Pink

A huge thanks goes out to my sister, Ashley who helped us paint Merrick and Macy's room Cotton Candy Pink today! I was really trying to get out of it, but thought I better do something today, so we tackled moving out the furniture and taping up the baseboards to paint. By the time we got that finished, Tom woke up and we made him come and do the high parts of the wall. Needless to say, Ashley and my painting job didn't look the best to begin with but now that it is all dry, it looks fine. I think our system was in shock with all that PINK. Boy, does paint dry darker than you think it will. I think once we get the furniture back in and some things hung on the wall, the room will look great. Thanks again Ashley for all your help. We will post pictures when it is closer to being done.

Merrick is very excited for her Pinkalicious room. She had to sleep in Cole's room tonight though as we are trying to air out the fumes and let the paint dry a little more before putting furniture back against the walls.

I didn't get to school this weekend-so looks like a long week ahead-come on, you know me, I will finish in the nic of time, but it will get finished. I am super excited to begin my teaching career in Kindergarten-so one last week of fretting as a SPED teacher will do me good. Think of me though as I am sure I will be exhausted by weeks end and then more company!!!

No comments: