Monday, May 5, 2008

Gateway to the Best Weekend

We had a wonderful time in St. Louis this past weekend. It was so nice to get away as a family without any ball games or without Tom working. We just hung out as a family and that was wonderful. We left about 1:00 pm on Friday afternoon and got to the hotel by 5:00. The boys left shortly after that for the Cubs and Cardinals game. They got to see a good game, but the cubs lost in in the 11th inning-they enjoyed their time, seats, and the new Busch Stadium. Merrick and I went swimming. She was a little hesitant but by the end of the evening, she was swimming on her own. The boys didn't get back from the game until midnight so it was another late night (we hadn't slept much from the stormy night on Thursday).

On Saturday we got up and were planning on going to the zoo early, but we walked outside to some cool temperatures and windy conditions. We decided to eat breakfast and then head to the Arch. We made a pit stop back at the stadium for a couple pictures then headed to the Arch. We spent a little time walking around inside the museum. It was nice for Cole to see the history of Lewis and Clark as he has been studying this over the last year. We then got in line to head up to the top of the Arch. Cole and Merrick enjoyed riding in the little (and I mean little) tram cars to the top. once there we were able to get a good look at the stadium and much of St. louis. The kids thought it was pretty cool as did Tom and I. We then headed back down and took off for some lunch. After lunch we ventured to the St. Louis zoo. By now it was sunny and the wind had died down a little. It turned out to be beautiful weather in the zoo. The zoo was great. It was a free zoo, but one of the better small zoo's I have seen in awhile. Much better than the Kansas City zoo, that is for sure. The kids had a good time. Cole couldn't pick his favorite animal, but Merrick loved seeing a baby elephant and his momma. Of course, Tom enjoyed the monkeys. I was happy to see lots of good animals. I sure got my exercise as we walked the entire park in about an hour and 45 minutes.

We then headed to the hotel and swam-ok, the kids and I swam. The pool was full so Tom wouldn't venture in. Of course, I did with my big ole pregnant belly and never heard from Tom, "I will go in-you just sit". I did get out as Merrick was doing great on her own (with a life jacket). Then Cole got to choose dinner for the night. He decided Outback-so we brought the food to the hotel as Miss Merrick hadn't napped all day. After a much better night sleeping we awoke Sunday and took one last final swim in the pool and left for KC. It was such a great weekend. I was sad to see it end. We all slept amazing last night as we were all super tired.

Only 12 weeks left until Macy enters the world, so it was nice to know we had one last great weekend before our world is turned back around with a new baby. I had my 28 week appt. today. We did the Glucose screening (for Gestational Diabetes), had an ultrasound, and an appointment. Baby looked good on the ultrasound and yes, we saw the three lines again so Macy Ella Jane will definitely be a girl. She is measuring right on due date. She is 2lbs 9 oz. this week which only puts her in the 51st percentile (maybe I won't have as big of baby as I thought-ok, yes I will). I measured at 30 1/2 this week which was up from last appointment. We will now begin two week checks. Macy is still breech, but Dr. Miller said that was normal until 36 weeks. Cole and Merrick got to go and see the ultrasound, but Merrick got bored pretty fast. We really didn't get to see a lot of Macy as she was moving around a lot and keeping those legs together and up over her head once again. Everything looks good and we are anxious to meet our new addition. Have a great week!

*I tried loading my pictures but my internet is not letting me once again. Will try again tomorrow night.

No comments: