Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jiggle Jam






Merrick and I went to KC's first Jiggle Jam at Crown Center yesterday with Jen and Nicholas. We had a great time, although the weather was wet and cold, Merrick said that Jiggle Jam was the best. It was a concert for kids-with two different tents featuring area and nationally known artists/bands that do kids music. Merrick loved dancing. There were also different activities throughout the area-bubble tent, Gymboree, blow-up bouncers, train, and lots of vendors selling toys and food. Merrick loved getting her shaker from Bongo Barry, jumping on the bouncers, dancing, and the train. We had a great time with Nicholas and Jen as well.


Of course as I was leaving the area, I got pulled over by a policeman-who by the way was very friendly-and got a ticket. He did knock it down from 12 mph over to 5 mph so I guess it is better than paying for the 12mph over, plus having my points go up for insurance. Of course, Tom laid into me as it has been 5 years since his last ticket and only a year since mine.



I want to apologize to my cousin Jen for calling you out of the blue yesterday. Of course I would have loved to talk-merrick just never did calm down and never did take a nap yesterday. she slept well last night. We really need to catch up-I didn't mean to be rude about not meaning to call you-just I was out of whack due to the speeding ticket. Good luck with your move and I hope you have a fantastic birthday!

I am still frantically working on school work-maybe I have learned my lesson about procrastination-probably not-but man am I thankful that this is the last time I ever have to catch up on IEP's and filing all the SPED paperwork again!


My sister is coming today, but the humidity is horrible so I don't think we will be painting. i know it would be fine if I had the air on and painted, but I really want to have the window open ventilating the fumes, so it would be best to wait until a less humid day. It is suppose to cool down this week-atleast in the 70's so I think Tom and I will paint later this week. Hope you all have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend-our thoughts go out to all those who have given their life to let us be free. We will always remember all of our fallen heroes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello! i just stumbled upon your blog. i am the founder of KCMetroMoms.com and also a Board member for Jiggle Jam....i probably was the one at the ticket booth when you visited the inflatables! :) anyway, wanted to invite you over to www.kcmetromoms.com if you'd like to connect with kansas city moms like yourself! :) glad you enjoyed JJ, too....it was a blast to put on!