Today was my last day as a SPED teacher. Wow, I never thought that I would have so many emotions attached to this day. There is the feeling relief that no longer will have to slave away doing paperwork-IEP's, evaluations, testing write ups, notice of actions, documentation, documentation and documentation. There is the feeling of excitement that finally I get my own classroom, my own group of students who look up to me, a team that can work together and plan as we have to teach the same curriculum, and knowing I can teach to my favorite age level. There is also the feeling of nervousness-will I make it as a Kindergarten teacher, will I have the classroom management that I need, will I teach 20-sum kids when I have only taught at most 10 at a time. Will the kids respect me, will they want to be me someday, will their parents respect me and provide support. The list goes on and on... but in the end, I know that I can trust in God, that this was the right move for me and I will do wonderful things as a kindergarten teacher.
Now, it's on to cleaning my classroom, packing, and moving out to the bigger and brighter Kindergarten classroom. I spent the whole week, seriously working on paperwork so I honestly have to pack my room yet. I am not worried, I know it will get done, just as the paperwork did! This weekend though, it is relaxing with some baseball, a trip to City Market, and spending time with the in-laws!
No comments:
Post a Comment