It was such a great weekend not worrying about deadlines or things I should be working on. Summer's are my favorite perk of being a teacher-having nothing to do but relax and enjoy time with my family. I absolutely love it. Although this summer will go quickly as I am teaching summer school-ughhh. Oh well, it will be over before I know it and then little Macy will be here.
We had a great weekend. My mother and father in law were down to catch a couple of Cole's ball games. The first game on Friday night, the boys did not fair so well. They just struggled to do well from the beginning. Cole played four positions that night. He started at 1st, then due to another's injury he headed to third base, then pitched, then headed to catcher. The boy is amazing-and seemed to be able to do all those positions without even thinking. SAturday's game was not much better although we did pull out a win-not by much though. Cole played third and got some bench time as he hadn't sat out the previous day's game-plus he got hurt during the game so he was dealing with a bleeding, jammed finger. It was nice my in-laws got to see him play, although they probably weren't impressed with the terrible hot weather we were having.
Saturday morning I took my mother-in-law to the City Market (being from small town Iowa-she really enjoyed the availability at the market). She bought me a beautiful hanging basket-Thank's Mary! Cole had a helmet drive also so the boys did that. We then went to the ball game and headed to Texas Roadhouse for supper! Yum, yum-it was so good! Thanks for everything Kim and Mary!
Tom, Cole, and his parents went to the Royals game on Sunday while Merrick and I headed to Toys R us for a new swimming pool for the summer. WE got home and put it up and then enjoyed the rest of the afternoon outside. I think the heat got to me as last night I was having contractions and didn't feel the best. I am ok today, just think I was tired and worn out. I go back to the doctor tomorrow so will get it all checked out. Maybe, just maybe this will be a sign that I will go into labor all by myself this time around. I am only 32 weeks so don't want that to happen for awhile, but it would be kind of nice to not have to be induced. We will see.
Merrick and I got Cole and her some library books today so they can start the summer reading program. We also went to my school, but I got no packing done due to having to save IEP's to a file for the next teacher. I have a lot of work ahead, hopefully it will all get done. Have a great week!
1 comment:
Love the new pool. Looks like they can enjoy it a little more with all the room. Looks very refreshing.
Post a Comment