Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Uh-oh, Here we go!

Tonight I was tidying Merrick's room while she was picking out books to read. I took the baby mobile out of a garbage sack that Tom had thrown in the room with other things that were suppose to go to good will and I didn't want the princess crown mobile heading there as well-so I put it on the crib. I wound it up and let it play--wrong thing to do. Merrick was in love. She wanted to play it again, so I said that I would after we read books and she layed down for bed. I turned it on and left the room. After it stopped playing, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs-it was Merrick. She asked if I could turn the music on again and proceeded to say, "I wish I was a baby in your tummy." OMG...I wasn't ready for this. She's been great when we have gotten all the other baby things out and we have talked so much about being a big sister, now the mobile has turned her into wanting to be the baby. We talked about what babies can do and what big sister's can do and she then decided that she wanted to be a big sister. Ok, I thought so I left the room, only to catch her climbing on the crib trying to wind the mobile again after it quit playing. I stopped her and told her that we can't be doing that as she may hurt the baby if the baby was sleeping in the crib-that sent her into tears-uncontrolable tears. Guess I better start preparing myself for this, I really thought she would be great but maybe not. We will see.

No comments: