Saturday, June 7, 2008

Super Slammin' Sibling Saturday

Big Sister Merrick
Slammin' Cole



It has been a super Saturday. Here's why:

1. Cole had a ball game today and hit a homerun-not just an in the park homerun that he has gotten many of times, but an actual over-the-fence homerun. What a wonderful feeling it was for a mom, I can't even imagine what it was like for him. He was all in smiles and seemed more relaxed than I have seen him on the ball field in a long time. It was well deserved as was the game ball given to him due to his spectatcular slammin' homerun!
2. Merrick went to the hospital today to learn to be a big sister at Sibling Class. She learned to change the baby's diaper, wrap the baby in a blanket, the correct way to hold the baby, and some things you shouldn't do with the baby or for the baby. She also was able to see the maternity center where I will deliver-and a newborn baby. She did well, but got a little bored with the movie and the walk to the hospital from where we were. She is super excited for July when the baby will finally come.
3. I finally was able to get my hair cut and boy does it feel good. Strange, I don't usually get my hair cut by twice a year, but I think because I am pregnant, I needed something that looked good on me going into the last seven weeks of this pregnancy.
All in all it was a great day.

No comments: